CNN, usually supportive of Democrats far beyond their deserving or any conceivable logic, on Monday suggested 11 potential replacements for President Joe Biden if he is not able to run for a second term in 2024.
The following list was given:
- Vice President Kamala Harris
- Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper
- Former Mayor of New Orleans Mitch Landrieu
- Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy
- Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker
- Former member of the Georgia House of Representatives Stacey Abrams
On the same day, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said that Biden “has every intention of running for reelection” in 2024.
CNN’s coverage may have been fueled by a New York Times piece on Sunday that claimed “there is no shortage of chatter about the options if he continues to falter.”
Biden’s approval ratings are in the high 30s in most polls amid 40-year record inflation, serious problems on the U.S.-Mexico border, and a disastrous Afghanistan military withdrawal.
Read the full story here.