The United States issued warning to Americans in Russia, asking them to leave the country while outbound flights are available.
“An increasing number of airlines are canceling flights into and out of Russia, and numerous countries have closed their airspace to Russian airlines,” the announcement read.
“U.S. citizens should consider departing Russia immediately via commercial options still available,” reports Breitbart News.
“The U.S. Embassy further reminded Americans in the country that the Department of State’s Travel Advisory has set Russia at ‘Level 4: Do Not Travel,'” reports Breitbart.
“Do not travel to Russia due to ongoing tension along the border with Ukraine, the potential for harassment against U.S. citizens, the embassy’s limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in Russia, COVID-19 and related entry restrictions, terrorism, harassment by Russian government security officials, and the arbitrary enforcement of local law,” the travel advisory says.
BREAKING: US embassy says Americans in Russia should leave immediately while there are still outbound flights available
— The Spectator Index (@spectatorindex) February 27, 2022
The U.S. Embassy recommended the following actions for Americans still in Russia:
- Monitor local and international media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
- Have a contingency plan that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
To read this full story, click here.